I made some minor adjustments to my blog schedule. Mostly it is just wording, but there are some things that I moved around a bit. I removed Willow’s Book Chat for now. I didn’t want to leave anybody hanging for weeks that I blanked out a topic to talk about. I replaced it with a “Free Day” blog to talk about anything and everything I’m interested in. Here’s the link to check out the new blog schedule:
I also won’t be posting anything for the rest of the week with the exception of book reviews and book tags. If I’m tagged in anything. I just got a new job and I have some things I need to get in preparation. I have a lot of paperwork and a drug test. It’ll be fun. I’m excited. I’ll resume blogs on Monday. I may do a Reading Wrap-Up on Sunday. I haven’t decided yet. If that’s something you want to see, let me know!
I’ll also be participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon this Saturday! Anybody else do readathons? Let me know if you’re joining so I can follow your progress! I applied to be a moderator of the event for an hour. I haven’t heard anything back, so we’ll see.
Happy reading everybody!
I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner. I’m not too familiar with this award since I am fairly new to the serious blogging world. But it seems to be a project for bloggers to help lift up other bloggers. I am all for that.
Thank you Kitty for the amazing nomination. I’m truly humbled. You are a far more advanced blogger than I am, but I appreciate that she sees me as worthy of a Blogger Award.
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Got Started
Back in 2013, I was feeling very lonely. There wasn’t a lot of readers in my area I could talk to. That I knew of anyways. I met some readers online and they changed my life forever. I discovered online parties all about books. And reviews! I could share my thoughts of books online! It was amazing! I was empowered. I wrote my first ever book review in September of 2013.
I’ve had many blog names before this trying to find one that fit perfectly. In 2015, I created the pen name for myself Willow Star Serenity. It was one of my best decisions. At one point I had a blog called Willow’s Thoughts And Book Obsessions. I wasn’t ever fully happy with this blog name. It was wordy and not really fun.
A couple months ago the name Willow Writes and reads just hit me. And I knew it was the name for me. I did what it took to make my blog official. I’m not branching out and attempting to network with other blogs. Every day I learn and grow. I’m not advanced, but I’m doing what I love. Talking about books!
My Advice To New Bloggers
- If I can advise ANYTHING, it’s to be yourself. Post about what you love. I know it seems easier to follow the fad or the latest “viral” things. But unless it’s something that makes you happy, this won’t make you happy for long. Personally, I love to post about authors and books. I love to write reviews. It’s what keeps me happy and keeps me posting! Some people may want to blog about traveling or cooking or anything! The point of the matter is it has to make you happy in the end of the day. If that shows in your blog, the readers will follow.
- Interact with other bloggers. Interact with the community that you’re wanting to blog about. If you want to gain interest, you have to show the people that you’re there. You don’t have to be totally extroverted to do this. It may make the process a lot easier. But in time, it will come.
- I know I’m only supposed to post two pieces of advice, but I feel this one is important. Please be patient. Things take time. You’ll learn and you’ll grow. The readers will follow. Circling back to Tip #1, be yourself. If you are true to yourself and your blogs, your readers will be true to you. Give it time.
This is the part where I’m supposed to nominate 15 people. As I’m new to the blogging world, I don’t know 15 people to nominate. Maybe one day I will. Until then, if you are reading this and you are a blogger, feel free to tag yourself! All I ask is that you put the link to your blog in my comments so that I can read and share it! I’ll also follow your blog if I’m not doing so already!
All week long I’ve been racking my brain to figure out the best kind of post to honor Audiobook Obsession for their first birthday! I mean these ladies put in a lot of work to make these tours and reviews possible. They are amazing, intelligent, and highly organized. So they deserve a high praise anyways. Especially on special days!
Then it hit me. The best way to honor their birthday is to share my own personal story. I can’t tell you how long I’ve worked with AO. I can’t even tell you how I came to join it. What I can tell you is that it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Through AO, I discovered one of my favorite narrators of all time. Her name is Sarah Puckett. She’s incredibly talented and incredibly humble about it. I’ve also branched out and listened to books I’d of never listened to before. And that’s not evening mentioning that I got to meet two of the sweetest ladies of all times! They are amazing and I will happily work with them as long as they will let me.
If you love listening to audiobooks as much as I do, I would seriously consider giving them a chance. You’ll discover new authors and narrators. You’ll discover a great community that treats you like family. They have a review group and a tour group! I’m happily an active member of both.
Happy birthday Audiobook Obsession! I’m proud to be a part of your beautiful community. Krystyn and Brandie are some of the hardest workers I know and I will always happily consider myself a part of their team and community!
Here are links for their pages:
Like their page here:
If you’d like to become a reviewer, join here:
If you’re a blogger who participates in blog tours, join here:
Hello! My name is Nicole. I prefer to go by Willow Star Serenity in the book world. I chose the name in 2014 and it’s stuck. Sadly, many other names I’ve chosen have not stuck. That’s okay though. I’ve recently discovered one that works great for me. Willow Writes And Reads. It suits me completely. This blog will be all about books and writing. I’ll post reviews, author interviews, book related content, and my writing. For the most part, there will be no set schedule. However, I will have some posts set for certain days as to not overload my blog on a certain subject too close together. I look forward to interacting with you all! Please feel free to leave your links and I’ll follow your blog as well!